Esta página web utiliza "cookies" para garantizar que disfrutas de la mejor experiencia posible al visitar la página. Consulta nuestra política de privacidad para obtener más información al respecto. Para aceptar el uso de las "cookies" no esenciales, haz clic en "Estoy de acuerdo"
(RAF Hospital Changi)(Singapore Armed Forces Hospital)
24 Halton Road
Status: Former Military Barracks; Former POW Camp and Military Hospital; Former Hospital; Abandoned
This location was formerly military barracks and a small medical facility in what was part of a large British military base. The buildings now referred to as Old Changi Hospital were built in 1935. The base was part of a concerted effort to defend Singapore from an attack from the sea.
In February of 1942 the Imperial Japanese did attack Singapore as part of their aggressive invasion in World War II. However, they attacked from the land side of Singapore rendering the British defense impotent.
When the Japanese took over, they imprisoned the British and Commonwealth POWs in this location and used the medical facilities as a hospital for their forces. Central to the haunting is that the Japanese also used a room in the facility as a torture chamber.
Based on the historical fact that the Japanese saw anyone who surrendered as dishonourable and deserving of no rights – evidenced by uncountable proven stories of the POWs under their control – this is definitely plausible. However, that any part of this building was used for that is not historically provable. The story is based on blood stains and chains said to have been found in a room here after the war.
From 1947 to 1971 British and Commonwealth armed forces used this as a hospital again. In 1975 it was handed over to the Singapore Armed Forces. As time went by the hospital was also used for the public and by 1976 it was changed over completely to a Public Hospital and named Changi Hospital. In December of 1997 the hospital ceased operations and closed its doors.
From 1998 to 2006 the hospital was guarded by security with dogs and fenced in. In 2006 it was sold to a development company which planned to convert it into a spa and high-end resort. This fell through – due to financial difficulties – and in 2010 the old hospital was returned to Singapore Land Authority.
The hospital is still abandoned and cameras and motion detectors have been installed to stop trespassing.
Locals consider the old hospital the most haunted location in Singapore.
Apparitions of former POWs are seen walking throughout the buildings and the grounds. The apparition of a small boy has been seen who is said to sit and stare at the living. The apparition of a nurse holding a baby was video taped. The video – of course – cannot be completely verified.
Shadow figures are commonly seen both on the grounds and in the buildings – some have even acted aggressively toward the living. The apparition of a woman surrounded in a black aura has also been seen.
Other Activity: disembodied screams; disembodied voices and whispers including entire conversations; time slips; possession; ghostly laughter and crying; cold spots; feelings of being watched, not being alone and being followed; touches, pokes and prods by unseen entities; unexplainable mists; light anomalies; electrical disturbances.
The most active areas are/were: the old morgue (torn down), the Accident-Emergency building which was located below the hill from the main buildings (torn down) and the operating theatres. There are also stories of below ground bunkers beneath the hospital which are very active (all three entrances have been barricaded).
766 Tyersall Avenue
Status: Former Palace; Abandoned; In Ruins; Private Property
In the late 19th Century
In the early 19th century William Napier – Singapore’s first lawyer - built the first house on the property on 60 acres beside the Botanic Gardens. He named his home Tyersall House – for which nearby Tyersall Road is named after – but sold the house to Abu Bakar who had just become the Temenggog - person in charge of the police/army and responsible for law and order - of Johor.
Johor is a State of Malaysia now. It is located just across the Straits of Johor from Singapore.
In 1890 the home was destroyed by a fire and Bakar – by then Sultan of Johor – had a new house built which he called Istana Tyersall. It was designed to be far like a palace than just an elegant mansion. It was furnished and decorated with the best that money could buy; it even had electricity which was nothing short of a miracle at the time.
Istana Tyersall burnt down in 1905 – ironically it was probably due to a faulty electrical wire – but the Sultan has passed away by then. In 1990 the government of Singapore issued a compulsory acquisition and paid the heirs of the Sultan $25 million before tearing the structure down.
Nearby the Sultan built another house which he called Istana Woodneuk for his 4th wife the Sultana Khadijah who died in the house in 1904. Shortly before she passed she sold the house to the Sultan’s son who would rebuild the house for his third wife – who was from Scotland – Sultana Helen Ibrahim who passed in 1978.
In 1942 it was being used as a military hospital – and a British base possibly – when the Japanese bombed it during their invasion of Singapore. The resulting explosions and fire are said to have killed upwards of 700 medics and patients. Most of the patients being the injured from the Japanese bombing campaign.
The house and surrounding property is private property and still owned by the Johor Royal Family. The house suffered a devastating fire in 2006 destroying it’s iconic blue roof and has now been deemed unrecoverable.
Despite it’s condition the house and the land – which is almost priceless in a small island nation like Singapore – is rumoured to be worth just short of $5 billion. Hence this house is well-known as Singapore’s most expensive haunted house. Its quite possibly the most expensive haunted house in the world.
In 2015 the house was fenced off due to the dangerous conditions as the jungle continues to claim the ruins.
This location has been called the perfect storm of paranormal activity.
Graffiti consisting of upside down crosses and the number 666 prove that many people have traveled here with the intention of playing at evil. Of course, we also have the inevitable pentagrams which are actually a symbol of good unless, they too, are reversed.
However, there are stories from trusted sources to indicate that true evil came here as well. Cultists intend on torturing the souls trapped here and opening doorways to contact true dark and evil entities. Because of this it is said there are dark and tortured creatures from other dimensions both in the house and in the surrounding jungle. Encounters with these entities have resulted on attacks on the living resulting in scratches, bruises and other injuries – there are also stories of possessions.
Reported Activity: apparitions of people who died on the site including British soldiers and civilians, ethnic Chinese; Japanese soldiers and sailors, ethnic Indians, Malayans and ethnic Thai; shadow figures some of which have approached the living; etheric attacks on the living resulting in physical and/or spiritual damage;
Disembodied voices in a myriad of languages; unexplained noises from loud bangs to faint whispers; encounters with entities that are not – and never have been – human; screams and cries some of which have been identified as “help me”, “I’m dying” and “I’m burning”; objects moving on their own; objects disappearing – sometimes they reappear in other locations including in investigator’s homes;
Possession; people being followed home by entities; dimensional shifts and vertices; electrical disturbances; empathic sensations of fear, anger, violence and hatred; light anomalies and feelings of not being wanted, being hated, not being alone and being watched.
2 Lim Chu Kang Road
Status: Former Residence; SAF Training Area
This is an Active Singapore Armed Forces Urban Combat Training Facility
Under No Circumstances Should Anyone Enter This Area Without Express Permission of the SAF
This area was built up in 1979 to provide an urban space for the people working on the nearby farms. It was named after Neo Ao Tiew a prominent Singapore businessman who also helped in defense of area when the Japanese invaded in 1942.
He escaped by his entire family – 45 members - were slaughtered by the Japanese in retribution.
The area – 95 hectares (235 acres) – is a former pig farm. It contained both residential and commercial properties.
By the 1990’s as the surrounding farms began to mechanize the population of the complex began to decline rapidly.
In 2002 the remaining residents along with most of the rural residents in the area were relocated and the complex was sold under en-bloc (collective sales).
The complex was the perfect area for the training of the FIBUA (Fighting in Built Up Areas) Unit of the Singapore Armed Forces.
When training wasn’t taking place, the deserted complex was left open to the public for a long time. Recently, though, barricades have been put up and the public is banned from entering the site whether it is being used or not.
This area is haunted by a Pontianak (the vengeful ghost of a woman who died during childbirth).
They are said to reside in banana trees and the story says a man trapped the ghost in her tree by pushing 7 pins into it. He then forced her to give him the winning lottery numbers but afterwards he refused to release the ghost.
He left the pins in the tree killing the tree and trapping the ghost.
There are also multiple accounts of taxi drivers picking up women in either white or red dresses. They all asked to be driven to the Lim Chu Kang Cemetery. After leaving the cab the drivers find that they have been paid in Hell Bills – special money that is only used for burning in remembrance of the dead.
Although the site is no longer accessible to the public people who did enter before it was banned reported strange lights; unexplained noises; shadow figures; empathic sensations of fear and feelings of being watched and not wanted.
There are also reports of misty apparitions of a woman in white or red seen on the property and looking out of the vacant windows of the buildings.
Yishun Avenue 1
Status: Earthfill Dam; Mass Murder Site
Built in 1969 and reinforced in 1984 this dam separates the fresh water in the Lower Seletar Reservoir and the salt water of the Johore Strait.
It is a famous picnic ground, bike riding spot and is highly recommended for a little cuddle time with your significant other.
Its also famous for it’s sunsets and fishing.
It’s also known as the Bermuda Triangle of Yishun because of all the strange things that happen here.
The most commonly reported paranormal activity – headless ghosts - is said to be related to the site being used for the mass beheadings by the Japanese occupation (1942-1945). That this activity is reported on the dam is curious as it wasn’t built until 1969.
The apparitions of headless ghosts are most frequently reported by those on the dam watching the sunset or after dark.
The area is also haunted by a woman with long hair that has no face. She walks the dam and the shores of the reservoir. She often shocks the people fishing as she often will silently approach them from behind almost as if she’s curious to see what they caught.