Esta página web utiliza "cookies" para garantizar que disfrutas de la mejor experiencia posible al visitar la página. Consulta nuestra política de privacidad para obtener más información al respecto. Para aceptar el uso de las "cookies" no esenciales, haz clic en "Estoy de acuerdo"
(Dominican Retreat House)
Dominican Hill, Diplomat Road
Status: Former Dominican Retreat; Former Hotel; Formerly Abandoned; Being Rehabilitated
In 1911 the American Friars of the Dominican Order purchased what is now known as Dominican Hill in order to create a vacation retreat for their monks and nuns.
Construction began in 1913 and was completed in 1915. It was briefly converted into a school in order to take advantage of tax exemptions but low enrollment eventually returned it to it’s original purpose.
In World War II, when the Japanese invaded, people tried to escape to this building to gain refuge and safety. The Japanese Imperial Army wasn’t known for it’s respect of anything outside of their Emperor and they took over the building as their headquarters. They raped and executed the nuns and female refugees and tortured and executed the priest and male refugees.
Their preferred execution method was beheading with their swords.
During the liberation of the Philippines in April of 1945 US Forces bombed the right wing of the building. The Japanese forces committed suicide for their Emperor. The building was restored in 1945-47.
In 1973 ownership of the building and grounds was taken over by Diplomat Hotels. They remodeled the building into a 33 room hotel while keeping its uniqueness and historical value. However, when the hotel manager died from a brain hemorrhage in 1988 the building was left abandoned.
The hotel was looted and then severely damaged in the 1990 earthquake.
The Federal Government would eventually take over ownership before transferring it to the city of Baguio.
The city first converted it into event halls which could be rented for things such as weddings in 2012.
In 2019 Baguio announced the building would be converted into a haven for the city’s artists and artisans as part of their Creative City project.
During it’s period of abandonment – as time slowly degraded it – the former hotel gained a reputation as one of the paranormally active locations in the Philippines.
There are rumours of a fire on site that lead to deaths of hotel guests. There is also a story of a woman who jumped from where the cross to her death.
When the building was abandoned people reported the banging of the doors and windows and the sounds of dishes being smashed.
Apparitions – frequently lacking their heads – have been seen both in the building and wandering the grounds.
When the building was being used as a hotel numerous guests complained of hearing the phantom sounds of children crying.
Piercing screams so loud have been heard in the city below as well echoing through the grounds and the building. Loud banging on doors is also heard and well as voices in English, Spanish and Filipino begging for mercy and their lives.
Other Activity: apparitions of Japanese soldiers forever impaled on their own swords; cold spots; touches, tugs and pulls by unseen presences; objects moving on their own; electrical disturbances; empathic feelings of fear and total loss; light anomalies; unexplained mists; phantom footsteps and other unexplained sounds; disembodied voices and feelings of being watched, not being wanted and not being alone.
(Laperal Mansion)(Laperal Guest House)
CJ63+CVP Leonard Wood Road
Status: Former Residence; Museum; Famous Haunted Location
This house was built in the 1930’s by Roberto Laperal. It was used as a vacation home for the heads of the Laperal Clan with Roberto being one of them.
In World War II the Japanese Imperial Forces took over the house. It was used to imprison Filipino people considered to be spying for the enemy (which pretty much meant anybody and everybody). Uncountable people were tortured to death within the walls.
Being as the house was staffed with officer many women were brought in to provide them with “comfort”. Most did not survive the ordeal; nor would they have wanted to.
It was built with narra and yakal wood and has proven it’s strength. It has withstood multiple strong typhons and the 1990 earthquake which was one of the strongest in recent history.
In 2007 a Chinese/Filipino billionaire – Lucio Tan – bought the house but has never lived in it. Instead, he converted the house into a tourist attraction and opened it to the public.
The house is now rented out as the Bamboo Foundation Museum and contains bamboo and wood artwork.
This house is one of the most well known haunted houses in Southeast Asia. It is compared with the Amityville Horror House in the United States as a famous haunting.
The house is said to get much worse after dark with a build up of energy to such a level that some people are physically unable to go inside.
Outside of the house the apparition of a little girl is seen standing on the third step of the stairs outside of the front door. She is always completely motionless – she does not interact with the living – and seems to stare at something unseen.
The apparition of woman is frequently seen staring out of the house’s windows.
Disembodied voices raised in anger are heard in the house as are unexplained loud bangs and scratches.
People have heard unexplained voices on calls made from within the house.
It is said if you displease the house or do anything to it that does not approve it – like cut down a tree – you will be struck down ill for days to weeks.
End of Corregidor Island Hospital Road
Cavite City, Cavite
Status: Former Hospital; Historical Landmark; In Ruins
By PH1 David C. Maclean, U.S. Navy - This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. <span style="white-space:nowrap">A normal <a href="//commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Commons:Copyright_tags" , Public Domain, Link
The island’s strategic location at the mouth of the Manila – the Capital and most important port of the Philippines - Harbor made it a prime target of the colonizers. First the Spanish – from the 16th century – and then the Americans – after the Spanish-American War.
Naming the island Fort Mills the Americans built a military base and heavily fortified the island’s defenses.
The Americans also built a school, an electric railway, a movie theater, swimming pool and a baseball field on the island.
A convalescent hospital was built in 1903 but the ruins there now are from a hospital built in 1912. It is unclear whether this was an extension of the original hospital or a new construction.
On May 6, 1942 the Japanese Imperial Army forced the surrender of the US Marines holding the island.
On February 26, 1945 – after 10 days of fighting – American forces, with their Filipino allies, recaptured the island and forced the Japanese out.
Most of the island, the hospital ruins included, have been left as they were after the US took it over again. It is considered a memorial to the Pacific Theatre in World War II as well as to the American, Filipino and Japanese soldiers who died in the battles.
The island is only accessible by water – via a ferry from Manila Harbor – but anyone can journey there. You can stay overnight – there is one hotel on the island – and explore the island, and ruins, after dark.
Although the entire island is said to be haunted due to it’s violent history the ruins of the hospital is one of the concentration of paranormal activity. The island is considered one of the most haunted places in the Philippines.
Many people ended their lives in this building.
Reported Activity: apparitions of former soldiers, patients, doctors and nurses; shadow figures; time slips; phantom footsteps; disembodied voices; sounds as if the hospital is still operating; other unexplained noises from faint whispers to loud bangs; phantom screams, laughter and crying; touches by unseen entities; light anomalies; electrical disturbances and feelings of being watched and not being alone.
OMNI Driveway, Clark Freeport
Status: Former US Army Base, Former US Air Force Base, Airport, Economic Zone, Partially Abandoned
Old Base Hospital
This air base was originally founded in 1903 and known as Fort Stotsenburg and was under control by the US Army. In September of 1919 a portion of the base was set aside for the Aviation section of the Army and named Clark Field.
In the 1930’s the US Army Air Force was using the field for its medium and heavy bombers. In 1940-41 many planes were sent here in anticipation of the coming war with Imperial Japan. Unfortunately, most of the planes were destroyed on the ground during the Japanese surprise attack 9 hours after Pearl Harbor.
From 1942 to 1945 the base became a Japanese airfield. In January of 1945 the US liberated the Philippines and the Army Air force immediately took control of the base again.
In the Cold War the base became a major hub for the US Air Force especially during the Vietnam War when casualties were flown to the base’s hospital.
In 1991 the US flag was lowered at the base and it became a possession of the Philippines. This was due to two causes: 1) The Philippine Government refused to extend the lease to the United States; 2) The eruption of Mt Pinatubo heavily damaged the base.
The Philippine Government did attempt to renegotiate the lease after the volcano stopped erupting but an agreement could not be reached. Locals plundered the base and it was left completely abandoned for a period of time.
The Philippines now operates Clark International Airport and Clark Freeport Zone on parts of what was once the base. Recently – due to Chinese pressure – the US Air Force has returned with a presence to protect Philippine islands from Chinese attempts to procure them.
This location is considered to be one of the most haunted places on Earth.
The old base hospital is reported to be the most haunted area on the base but there are reports from other areas as well:
An American serviceman is said to have hung himself at the base. His ghost now haunts the Clark Museum where he killed himself.
Another American serviceman took his own life in 1942 to avoid capture by the Japanese. He too now haunts the base.
There are numerous reports of very violent ghosts that have thrown objects at people, scratched people and screamed at people. This activity is reported to be so intense it scared away many of the looters.
Ghostly swing music invades the air around where the canteen used to be. It is most commonly heard during the early morning hours despite only the foundation of the building being left.
There are also reports of underground chambers – only accessible by going down manholes – where American fatalities were stored. These chambers are reported to be very active with almost every paranormal activity imaginable.
In a morgue separate from the hospital people have heard someone scream, “help me I don’t want to die”
There are numerous reports of Mambabarang on the base grounds. These are essentially Philippine black magic sorcerers who have the ability to torture victims at a distance.
We will now cover the old base hospital:
Even when the hospital was still operational there were reports of objects moving on their own, doors and windows opening and closing on their own and apparitions that would suddenly appear and disappear.
People who enter the abandoned hospital now tell stories of apparitions floating or walking in the halls that appear to be soldiers still showing the wounds that killed them, shadow people, disembodied voices and screams, phantom sounds of babies crying, having objects thrown at them which has resulted in injuries, phantom footsteps, touches, tugs and scratches from unseen entities, time slips, possession, feelings of being watched, not being alone and overwhelming sensations of not be wanted, light anomalies, unexplainable mists and electrical disturbances.
Status: Historic Walled Fort; National Historic Landmark
By <span lang="en">Anonymous</span> - <span class="int-own-work" lang="en">Own work</span>, Public Domain, Link
The original fort on this site was a wooded walled structure built by the Muslim population on the island before the 16th century. This fort was destroyed by the Spanish invaders – sorry colonists – in 1570.
The original Fort Santiago was built by the Spanish – who named it after the Patron Saint of Spain – and was constructed with logs and dirt. This fort was destroyed by Chinese pirates whom the Spaniards would eventually drive out of Manilla and then out of the Country.
From 1590 – 1593 the first stone fort – constructed with lava rock – was built on the site.
In 1714 the large decorate gate and front entrance to the fort was constructed. In the fall of 1762 the British drove out the Spanish in the Seven Year War. The fort became an operational base for the Royal Navy until 1763 when a ceasefire was reached with Spain.
In 1898 the fort was passed to the Americans who then began their colonization of the Philippine islands. The Americans removed the flooded moat and turned the grounds into a golf course.
In World War II the fort was used by the Imperial Japanese Army after forcing the Americans out. Over 600 American POWs died in the basement of the fort by torture, suffocation and starvation for the most part.
The fort was also part of the Manila Massacre where Japanese troops slaughtered, raped and mutilated 100,000 Filipino civilians throughout the city as the Americans were re-taking Manila and the surrounding area.
After the war the Philippine government passed the fort to the National Park Development Committee who began a restoration in 1953. It is now a National Historic Landmark and is at administered by Intramuros government – the historic walled city inside Manila – and is considered a Shrine of Freedom.
Like many locations this fort is said to more active after dark but that is probably because it is much quieter – its amazing how much paranormal activity is missed during the day in all sorts of places due to the chaos caused by crowds of humans – and our human natural aversion to darkness.
The ghost of the Philippine hero, Jose Rizal – who was executed by the Spaniards in the fort – is often seen on the grounds of the fort.
Apparitions of both Filipino and American soldiers thought to be victims of the Japanese occupation still patrol the fort. Men in blue uniforms are also seen wandering the streets surrounding the fort.
The apparition of a Spanish Priest in 17th century garb often shows up in photos taken on the site – he is famous for photo bombing selfies taken on the grounds.
Disembodied voices are heard in Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog and English.
Phantom screams are frequently reported coming from the former dungeons.
The fort is so famously haunted there is an album you can download on the net with songs by local artists based on their interpretation of the ghosts of the fort.
Other Reported Activity: phantom footsteps; replayed scenes of torture and executions; unexplained mists; electrical issues; light anomalies; empathic sensations of terror and fear and feelings of being watched.
Boy Scout Circle/Timog Ave
Shortly after midnight local time on March 17, 1996 a fire broke out in this club. The fire code was for a maximum of 35 people in the building at one time; at the time of the fire there was just short of 400 people inside.
Most of the customers were college and high school students celebrating graduation or the end of the school year. There were only 2 functional exits from the building but the fire exit was sealed almost immediately by security who thought a riot had broken out in the club.
A survivor reported that sparks were seen in the DJ's booth which quickly became smoke; most people thought it was part of the show until it was too late. Within minutes fire had spread throughout the building and parts of it had collapsed.
162 people died in the fire, most of the bodies were found crowded in the hallway leading to the only open exit; this disaster is the worst fire in the history of Philippines.
The resulting investigation found that the only exit had an inward swinging door and the fire extinguishers were non-functional. The six people who owned the company that owned the club were brought up on charges of "reckless imprudence resulting in multiple homicide and multiple serious injuries".
Two of them were sentenced to four years in prison and a fine of 25 million pesos each. The other four were acquitted by court ordered to pay 150,000 pesos to the families of the deceased and 100,000 pesos to the injured.
In March of 2015 the entire building was torn down and a food store co-owned by celebrity Boy Abunda was built over the site.
The apparitions of teenagers were seen still dancing in the former club abandoned building.
The phantom sounds of music and partying are also heard.
Also, the phantom screams of terror and pain are still heard of those who died while trying to escape.